- The minimum age to drive a rent car in Portugal is 23 years old.
- You must have a valid driver's licence held for minimum of one year and passport or identity card. If you aren't from the European Union you must held a International Driver's Licence and a passport.
- You have to deliver the car with the same amount of fuel that is delivered to you.
Minimum Rental Period:
- You can make a booking with many days you want. But the minimum quotation will be a quotation for three days (72 hours). If an extension of rental period is required, the same must be asked in advance with minimum of 24 hours notice.
- From 01/11/2016 and on, the minimum quotation will be a 7 days rental. This only applies to pickups or dropoffs at the Airport.
- We only accepted bookings with a minimum of 2 days in advance.
Airport and Hotel delivery:
- We only deliver cars in the Algarve
- Besides Faro Airport, we can deliver cars at your hotel or resort anywhere in the Algarve. Deliveries/collects will cost between 10€ and 35€ according to the address/place.
Collecting your car:
- When you come from the arrivals, after you get your bags, you have to go to car park number 4 our representative will be there with a sign saying Polo.
- When your pick up is on the hotel, the delivery will be on the reception desk.
Returning your car:
- At Faro airport you should return your car to the car park we inform you, and then the collection details will be arranged with the rep when the car is delivered to you.
- Hotel deliveries, the collection details will be arranged with the rep when the car is delivered to you.
- Can be made online after submission of your car hire reservation or on vehicle pick-up. Cash, Visa, Master Card, Euro Card, Unibanco, American Express or Diners Club are all accepted.
Out of hours supplement:
- A one-time fee of 20,00€ will be charged for car deliveries between 20:00h and 08:00am.
The payment of this supplement must be in cash due the fact that this supplement is for the employee. The payment is made on the vehicle pick-up.
The price includes:
- VAT, Insurance (CDW), One additional driver, unlimited mileage. All other features will be consider as an Extra or Suplement.
Included Insurance (CDW):
- Covers journey assistance, including substitution of vehicle when necessary.
- Covers all passengers, including medical assistance.
- Covers all damages to be paid to third parties.
- Covers damages to hire vehicle but with a fixed excess as follows:
- 750,00€ for Groups A, B, C;
- 950,00€ for Groups C1,D, E;
- 1.300,00€ for Groups F, G.
- To cover the excess a Visa/Credit card or a cash deposit to the value aforementioned is required on vehicle pick-up.
Avaiable Zero Excess Insurance (Super CDW)
- Cover: As CDW but with no excess payable by the client, so no deposit is required on vehicle pick-up.
- Available at the following daily rates:
- 7,00€ a day for Groups A, B, C;
- 9,00€ a day for Groups C1,D, E;
- 10,00€ a day for Groups F, G.
- This Zero Excess Insurance does not cover tyres, locks and glasses.
- On the subject mentioned above, we must inform you that since 08/12/2011 by order of the government the use of A22 has to be paid. Therefore:
- When crossing the car by the respective gateways it will be registered in the system;
- The portals have different prices, but each Km will be priced at about 9 cents (Eg Route Vila Real de Santo António » Lagos - 11,60€);
- This use and the costs that will be generated by it, we company of Rent-a-Car will be notified and required by law to provide identification of the user / driver of that vehicle;
- In the face of that in the previous point, the customer will be notified at his address for payment about the uses and /or crossings in A22;
- Regarding this point, if the customer doesn't want to be notified at home to make the payment of the crossings on the A22, the solution outlined below will be the quickest, most convenient and least expensive:
- After 48 hours of the crossing, the customer is able to make it’s payment on certain payshops or at any post office in Portugal. After those 48 hours you’ll have five days period to do the payment. If after those five days you didn't do the payment you will receive a notification at home to pay the tolls.
The easiest solution is to use the national road, the N125, in lieu of the A22.
Safety baby seats:
- Must be requested in advance. The cost of the safety baby seats is 3€ per day to a maximum of 45€.
- The first additional driver is free of charge for online car hire booking. For more additional drivers will have an additional cost of 12,50€ each.
To go out of the country
- For assistance abroad you need a to pay the supplement of 35€ (Drive into Spain Extra). If you didn't choose this extra you can't crossing the border and incurs penalty if you do.
You need a GPS?
- If you need a GPS it must be requested in advance (on the booking) and have a cost of 5€ per day until a maximum of 50€.
- Currently there is an airport tax of 20€ on the final price of every booking.
- Deliveries/collects, will cost between 10€ and 35€ according to the address/place.
- According to the consumer legislation 144/2015, act. 18, which came into force on 8th September, Consumer resolution entities of Litigation Disputes, as indicated below:
- DISTRITO de FARO - Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Algarve
- Ninho de Empresas, Edif. ANJE Estrada da Penha, 3º andar, sala 26 8000 Faro
- Phone no.: 289823135 Email: email@example.com
- DISTRITO de LISBOA - CNIACC Centro Nacional de Informação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo
- DISTRITO de LISBOA - Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo de Lisboa
- Rua dos Douradores, nº 116 - 2º 1100-207 Lisboa
- Phone no.: 218807030 Fax: 218807038
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- DISTRITO de COIMBRA - Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Distrito de Coimbra
- DISTRITO do PORTO - Centro de Informação de Consumo e Arbitragem do Porto
- Rua Damião de Góis, 31, Loja 6 4050-225 Porto
- Phone no.: 225508349 / 225029791 Fax: 225026109
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DISTRITO de BRAGA - Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Vale do Ave/Tribunal Arbitral
- Rua Capitão Alfredo Guimarães, 1 4800-019 Guimarães
- Phone no.: 253422410 Fax: 253422411
- Email: email@example.com
- DISTRITO de BRAGA - CIAB - Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Consumo (Tribunal Arbitral de Consumo)
- Rua D. Afonso Henriques, 1 4700-030 Braga
- Phone no.: 253422410 Fax: 253617605
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Av. Rocha Paris, 103 4900-394 Viana do Castelo
- Phone no.: 258809335 Fax: 258809389
- Email: email@example.com